Preamble. The Horai Association was founded by Zuiken S. Inagaki (1885-1981). It was originally a group of students to study the teaching of Jodoshinshu based on the writings of Horai School, which was begun by Dangai (1808-69) and succeeded by Ryuei Uryuzu (1820-1903) and Riken Katsura (1872-1944). Horai, literally "Dharma Thunder", seeks to reveal the essence of Shinran's teaching from the standpoint of the spontaneous working of the Power of Amida's Vow.
1. Name: The Name of the association shall be Horai Association International.
2. Object: To disseminate and to encourage discussion about the teachings and writings of Horai masters and members.
3. Method: Provision of written materials and channels of communication free of charge to members.. Membership: Membership shall be open to all who express an interest in joining the Association.
5. Administration: The Association shall be administered jointly by the Japanese representative, Rev. Dr Zuio Hisao Inagaki, and the representative overseas, Rev. Jokyo G. Gatenby and Rev Joko John Paraskevopoulos of Australia and Re. Jokaku Sai Yiu Ho of Hong Kong. In the event of the death of one of them, the remaining administrator shall nominate a suitable person as his successor. A group of Shin teachers who are closely aligned with the Japanese Horai Association shall act as advisors in regard to the Association's activities.
6. Financial: Any information regarding income and expenditure shall be available to members on request.
For membership application, contact Rev. George Gatenby.
◇ Anjin □
◇ Horai Calendar 1998 □; 1999 □; 2003 □; 2004 □